NRMRC Meeting Highlights - August 2018
Date: August 1, 2018 Time: 7:30 pm
Attendance: 11, 3 Hangouts, 1 Guest Visitor
Welcome (Todd Shoffeitt)
Welcome, Ron Heinze – Windsor Point
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Motion to approve: Gerry Foster, 2nd: John Wallis
Past Train Show Reports (report details online)
Windsor Point, NTRAK show. July 21-22nd John Wallis, Mike Floyd Co-Superintendents.
Upcoming Train Shows (use links for details and to register for the events)
Johnson Health, Clayton Hospital. August 25th T-TRAK Geoff Flegel Superintendent https://nrmrc.org/events/shows/johnston-health-clayton-hospital
NOTE: Participants are asked to register online on the show page (link below). Click on the blue Registration tab and follow the instructions. Todd to be co-superintendent. Need modules. Folks encouraged to sign up.
Danville, September 21, 2018 to September 23, 2018
NOTE: Participants are asked to register online on the show page (link below). Click on the blue Registration tab and follow the instructions. Dave Thompson -DCC Master, John Wallis coordinating NRMRC’s part. Chris Thompson, Joe Johnston to assist to learn DCC (see DCC Education below)
Selma Rail Days, Thursday, October 4 to Saturday, October 6. John Wallis, plus one, Superintendent
NOTE: Participants are asked to register online on the show page (link below). Click on the blue Registration tab and follow the instructions.
Standards Committee (no action required at the meeting)
- NTRAK Project Update, David Derway
T-TRAK Update, Todd Shoffeitt for Paul Ohegyi - Apex 90% done on Apex Junction for KS need vehicles (trucks), people…
Education (Gerry Foster) Lined up for the next three months.
Announcements/Information (no action required at the meeting)
- Show Superintendent changes – Dual Superintendents per show, (co-equal) one possibly learning. There is now a one-page superintendent checklist, which will be added to each show page. Layout diagram will also be posted on the show’s page. Folks are encouraged to review, and to ensure they note their participation in the event. The show page serves as the coordination/communication page for the show.
Old Business (Todd Shoffeitt)
- DCC Education and Training committee (tabled from June) – In September we will begin DCC education – Gerry Foster to coordinate. Christopher Thompson, Joe Johnston will assist with DCC at Danville to begin the education process.
- Hangouts for improved utilization and member knowledge and compliance. Training to be developed. Christopher Thompson – Using Hangouts, procedures in place. Sly Glass to do a feedback follow-up with those who tried to sign in. Todd Shoffeitt and Sly Glass will let Larry Hicks know exactly what should be included in the monthly agenda notification submittal prior to the next meeting. A motion was made by Mike Floyd, 2nd David Koss to reimburse Andy Zimmerman for Skype for the upcoming year.
New Business (Todd Shoffeitt) (requires discussion, action and/or vote at the meeting)
- Search for a “Neutral Site” meeting location – if folks identify space, we will discuss. No conclusions were made at the meeting.
- Potential Projects List discussed at board meeting – list will be posted with the minutes – will impact budget discussions (October/November) If a current module needs repaired, no vote (but needs to be budgeted). New ones need budget and approval.
Additional Income Sources
- A donation box at shows – lockable wood? box – box if not paid ???
- Sale table at NRV – check w/ others on whether it is permissable
Preparation for NRV
- Formal invitations to other clubs to participate in both NTrak and T-TRAK
- Work Sessions to inspect and repair modules before the show?
- Send out a formal invite to participate in NRV – Todd main superintendent – will appoint two NTrak and two T-TRAK superintendents
Show and Tell
Bring in a project, a purchase, a find, something interesting to share with the club
September 5, 2018 7:30 Host: Charles Eisener
Program Topic – Salt Lake City & KC National Train Convention updates, John Wallis
Copyright © 1997–2018 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.