NRMRC Meeting Highlights December 2017

Attendance: 11, Guests: 4, SKYPE: 5    

Agenda

Welcome (David Koss) We had three potential new members visiting our December meeting. Please welcome Bob Milback, John (Jack) Burkard, and (returning after more than a decade) Mike Floyd.

Consent Agenda Move: Mark Blaustein, 2nd Joel McCurry

_________________________

Treasurer's Report (see file on website) – still need to reconcile the difference between our checking account and the bank.

Minutes of the Last Meeting
https://nrmrc.org/events/meeting-minutes/nrmrc-meeting-highlights-november-2017 

Train Shows

NRV Train Show: Note for next year – go through all modules and ensure they are well maintained

https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-nrv-superintendent%E2%80%99s-report

Bluefield

https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-bluefield-show-report  

TCA Show – need to replace cardboard boxes for curtains and printed materials.

https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/train-collectors-association-tca-show-report

_________________________

Upcoming Train Shows Important to go online and register for these shows

  • World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 13-14 2018. Setup on the 12th. Central Carolina Organizing: we have indicated to Central Carolina that we would be participating. Gil Brauch has requested a preliminary list of module we might take to Charlotte — these are FitzGerald Yard (12 ft.), Marion (12 ft.), Derway modules (20 ft.), Blaustein modules (8 ft.), Red Rock Junction and the club corners. Need to configure trailer for Charlotte. Meet at the shed the day of the setup (1/12). Also take small T-TRAK modules to show and place it inside one of the loops. More coordination to occur.
  • T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – February 3rd. Mark Blaustein – Superintendent. Full auditorium available this round. T-TRAK. Will make the call for modules in December. Galloway Ridge will be discussed following WGH. Publicity is set. All that remains is a module commitment. Todd to send out email to solicit commitment of the new modules.
  • Upcoming New Bern (Feb 24-25) now advertised. David Derway Superintendent. Will send note out in a few weeks.
  • Possibly Carol Woods in March.

Standards Committee Update (David Derway)

NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.

Current

Apex: Plan for completion by Galloway Ridge in February. Plan in place. Buildings and lighting being installed. Work session on the 17th at Todd Shoffeitt’s house. Need to replace some turnouts.

Long Bridge: Mountain leg support designed and fabricated to support the bridge, plus attach to the module for storage and transport.

Cross Over Module for N-TRAK: on the list

Dave Koss would like to have a couple of projects for the new-year. Would like to also create a ‘time saver’ module for switching puzzle exercises. Lastly, Fitzgerald Yard extension and some possible module refurbishment.

Trailer Update: No information available.

  • Metal stanchion cart. Dave Thompson developed a more compact replacement approach, tested in NRV and worked well. Replacing heavyweight stanchions. Move: John W, Bobby 2nd to trade stanchion costs for Dave Thompson’s 2018 dues.
  • Plastic stanchion base cart. Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture. Dave Thompson and Dave Derway working on this.
  • Clamp instructions: Laminated and need to be installed  

Communications Update (Larry)

John Wallis to provide list of old web pages that need transferring to new site to Chris Thompson.

Need to support our Facebook page by supplying articles. At shows, we need to provide videos and pictures for Facebook posts and website pics for show reports.

Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education  Still need follow through.

Old Business (Dave Koss)

  • Todd Shoffeitt took pictures of club-owned modules and equipment at NRV, required for insurance purposes. Module pictures should include top, front, rear, and bottom. Underside still needs to be documented.
  • Todd Shoffeitt: Annual Meeting update, January 10, 2018, 6:00 pm. Todd will send out the confirmed location.

New Business/Information (David Koss et al)

  • N-TRAK updates: John Wallis:
    • Dave Porter has taken over production of the NTRAK Manual and the How-to book. New DCC book should be ready in the next couple of weeks
    • Bob Gatland memorial car is MT heavyweight observation painted N&W. Price is $41 including shipping.
    • Issues: Fire retardant curtains, new NTRAK logo, printed newsletter
    • Board nominations made, vote on December 18.
  • Need to determine meeting hosts for 2018. Dave Koss will host in February. Mark Blaustein will host in March.
  • Approve the rate structure and budget, same as 2017, for 2018. Move: John Wallis, 2nd: Al Guckes approved.
  • Amtrak update: Joel McCurry. For volunteering for NC Train host association the application is on the following website.  http://ncbytrain.org/passengers/hosts.html  Ride between Charlotte and Rocky Mount (or any stations in between) on the Carolinian or the Piedmont between Raleigh and Charlotte once every 60 days.
  • The old Burlingtion Southern Railway station has a model train exhibit open on Saturdays and Sunday until Christmas. S-gaugers are set up but on a Christmas theme.

Next Meeting: January 10, 2018 Annual Meeting – confirmed for Golden Corral at 6129 Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh, 6 pm (dinner), 7:00 pm (meeting) u.

Election of officers, and gift exchange

NOTE: Gift Giving Rules are enclosed on the meeting file.

Meeting Adjourned

 

 

 

Social

 

Copyright © 1997–2018 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.

 

">randomness