NRMRC Meeting Highlights June 2017

Monthly Meeting

Date:   June 7, 2017                                        Time: 7:30 pm

Host:   Sly Glass        

 

Attendance 10, 6 Skype        

Agenda

 

Welcome (Dave Koss)

 

Consent Agenda Motion to approve: John Wallis, Second: Todd Shoffeitt

_________________________

Treasurer's Report (see file on website)

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting
https://nrmrc.org/events/meeting-minutes/nrmrc-meeting-highlights-may-2017

TCA, May 6, 2017, Superintendent John Wallis – T-TRAK https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/superintendents-report-tca-may-6-2017

Spencer Shops, May 12-13, (Friday & Saturday), coordinating with Central Carolina and Lynchburg. https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-spencer-show-report

 

Johnson City, TN June 2-3 https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-johnson-city-show-report
 

 

Upcoming Train Shows

·         National N Scale Convention (NSE), Pittsburgh June 21 - 25 2017 – New Jersey Southern Superintendent, John Wallis coordinating NRMRC We will have modules. NTRAK. Two articles on the NTRAK regarding the Pittsburgh layout. Setup beginning Thursday. 1 ½ hours to take down on Saturday. David Koss proposed to rent a vehicle, since trailer will not be available. Cost will be covered by Club. Motion: John Wallis, Second, Sly Glass - approved

·         Windsor Point: July 29-30 confirmed. John Wallis, Superintendent - details worked on at the next meeting NTRAK

·         Danville Old 97 Rail Days. NTRAK John Wallis Superintendent. September 23 - 24 with setup on the 22nd. NOTE: The TCA show will be in Danville the same weekend, but NRMRC will not participate in that segment. We will start working out the details while in Pittsburgh.

·         Selma, October 5 – 7. We have been asked to have the layout operating on the Thursday and Friday as well as Saturday. We owe them a yes or no. T-TRAK John will commit (yes).

·         Proposed - Grand Strand Model Train Show the weekend of November 11/12 (week after NRV) in Myrtle Beach SC. Last year we were invited and chose not to go. This year they have invited all the ENL clubs so we should re-evaluate based on how many ENL clubs decide to participate. Leave for discussion in Pittsburgh. Also same time as Bluefield. May be an individual participation.

·         World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 2018. Determine interest in participating and advise coordinator Gil Brauch. We will participate.

·         T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – spring 2018. Need to determine possible Saturday dates in 2018 for Mark Blaustein to investigate. Await next meeting. Great turnout last time.

 

Standards Committee Update (David Derway)

NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.

Current

Grey Rock / Covered Bridge Corner:

Wiring permanent fix - Final Issue to be resolved at Pittsburgh. Kalenowski/Derway

Backdrop update - - Backdrop completed. C. Thompson/Paul Ohegyi. Paul has ranger station and vehicles for covered bridge

  Apex Module: Scenic update Balloon module scenery, Junction track work and scenery.

  FitzGerald Yard:

        Sides to protect interior details completed: Kalenowski / Derway

        Circuit breaker on each main buss: Experimental solid state 1156 light bulb circuit protection found by John Wallis. To be installed on T-TRAK yard to try out.     

        Need to install on Fitz, maybe at Windsor Point

   Gold Hill:

        Blue Line gauge issue. Track section replaced by J. Peacock and Jim K. No issues at Johnson City

   Crossovers:

        Scenic refresh. Module review by Jim K. and David D. Thursday.

        Budgeting, fund approval, afterward.  J. Kalenowski/Derway

        Track piece fix. Derway – points cleaned, worked well at Johnson City.

   Long Bridge: Center support leg for Mountain Division. Needs design, manufacture.

 

Trailer Updates

Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.

Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.

Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.

Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway

Door chain. McCurry/Derway - Complete.

 

 

Education Committee Update (Gerry Foster)

 

     Need 5 Minute Modeling Tips starting June until December, excepting November,

       plus Programs for July through December, excepting November

 

To date, we have Jim Reske with a TBA program in September and Al Guckes with a program on 'Diners' for November. All other months are open for programs.  5 Minute Tips are open for the balance of the year. For July, slideshow & video on Pittsburgh Convention, David Koss on maintenance and repair of freight cars. For August, T-TRAK build program.

 

We could still use some direction on best practices, either NTRAK or T-TRAK. Some direction on the trailer/storage shed coordination of what goes where before and after shows.

 

Communications Update (Larry Hicks)

Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education  Still need follow through.

Still stuff on old website that needs to be moved to the new site. Specific topics to be provided.

 

Old Business (Dave Koss)

Trailer Insurance Coverage – Club owns their trailers (Virginia) – will ask other clubs in  Pittsburgh. David Koss & Jim Kalenowski will explore.

Request to assist with an HO layout in Spencer – David Koss will respond

 

 

New Business (Dave Koss).

Trailer and ability to pull the trailer – discussion. David Koss will check on the perspective of a car rental agency. Discussion will continue.

 

T-TRAK modules – creating new modules and plan for review & replacing old/failing modules. Propose that Joe Peacock make 2 custom junction modules and Charles Eisner will purchase and own the modules, to be provided to the club. 15 new preassembled modules being purchased by members. Working groups for setup, painting, track, wiring, accessory busses if desired, etc. Asking John Wallis and Joe Peacock to assist.

 

Storage room cleanout – finalize participation & schedule – Saturday July 8th. Need to determine what we need, and what we don’t. Todd will post out to the members the plan for disposal.

 

Creating hands-on public sessions to attract new hobbyists. NRMRC Open House –

Propose a committee to detail an approach. Todd Shoffeitt, Paul Ohegyi, David Koss,

Sly Glass. Determine what & where.

 

 

Next Meeting: July 12, 2017 Joe Johnston

 

5-Minute Tip: Maintenance and repair of freight cars, David Koss

Program: Slideshow highlights of the Pittsburgh Convention

 

 

Meeting Adjourn

 

Refreshments and Socializing

 

5-Minute Tip: ---

Program: Accessory Bus and electronics for the Accessory Bus, John Wallis

Normal
0

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

NRMRC Meeting Highlights May 2017

NRMRC Meeting Highlights May 2017

Link to Meeting: 

Social

 

Copyright © 1997–2017 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.

 

randomness