NRMRC Meeting Highlights May 2017
Attendance: 10, SKYPE - 5
Welcome (Dave Koss) Thanks to Mark for hosting.
Consent Agenda, Motion to approve – Larry Hicks, second – Joel McCurry
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Immediately Past and Upcoming Train Shows
- TCA, May 6, 2017, Superintendent John Wallis – T-TRAK – Reminder: members need to register attendance. Arranging transport for Apex. Using 6, possibly 8 tables. Set up 3:00 pm Friday & finish 8:00 am Saturday. Show ends 5:00.
- Spencer Shops, May 12-13, (Friday & Saturday), coordinating with Central Carolina and Lynchburg. NTRAK – Joel McCurry Superintendent – [Friday morning 8:00 am] Refer to emails from Joel
- Johnson City TN, leaving Thursday – setup Friday and Saturday, June 2-3, 2017. David Koss Superintendent NTRAK. Partnering with Lynchburg.
- Windsor Point: Because of Johnson City and NSE in Pittsburgh (June 21 – 25) we probably should aim for a different weekend for this show than our normal NTRAK Father’s Day weekend (June 17-18).– July 29-30 proposed John Wallis, Superintendent, to confirm Deferred until July meeting
- National N Scale Convention (NSE), Pittsburgh June 21 - 25 2017 – New Jersey Southern Superintendent, John Wallis coordinating NRMRC We will have modules. NTRAK. Two articles on the NTRAK regarding the Pittsburgh layout. Setup beginning Thursday. 1 ½ hours to take down on Saturday.
- Danville Old 97 Rail Days. NTRAK John Wallis Superintendent. September 23 - 24 with setup on the 22nd. NOTE: The TCA show will be in Danville the same weekend, but NRMRC will not participate in that segment.
- Proposed - Grand Strand Model Train Show the weekend of November 11/12 (week after NRV) in Myrtle Beach SC. Last year we were invited and chose not to go. This year they have invited all the ENL clubs so we should re-evaluate based on how many ENL clubs decide to participate.
Standards Committee Update (David Derway)
NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.
Grey Rock / Covered Bridge Corner:
Wiring permanent fix - Final Issue to be resolved at Pittsburgh. Kalenowski/Derway
Backdrop update - - Backdrop being worked on now. Completion anticipated late next week. C. Thompson/Paul Ohegyi
Apex Module: Scenic update Balloon module scenery, Junction track work and scenery.
Sides to protect interior details. Sides to be cut Thursday: Kalenowski / Derway
Circuit breaker on each main buss: Experimental solid state 1156 light bulb
circuit protection found by John Wallis. To be installed on T Trak yard to try out.
Blue Line gauge issue. Track section replaced by J. Peacock and Jim K.
Thanks to all involved in getting corner sets out of trailer!
Scenic refresh. Module review by Jim K. and David D. Thursday.
Budgeting, fund approval, afterward. J. Kalenowski/Derway
Track piece fix. Derway
Hathaway: Broken hinge on leg – Complete
Long Bridge: Center support leg for Mountain Division. Needs design, manufacture.
Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.
Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway
Door chain. McCurry/Derway - Complete.
Education Committee Update (Gerry Foster)
We require monthly meeting hosts for August 2nd
Plus, 5 Minute Modeling Tips starting July until December, excepting November
And Programs for July through December, excepting November
Communications Update (Larry Hicks)
Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education Still need follow through
Videos for website David Koss notes we have a great website. Some clubs have nice videos.
Joel: Could we create handouts for show on information. Also include info on companies who provide the modules.
Old Business (Dave Koss)
Insurance coverage: postponed until next meeting
New Business (Dave Koss)
Request to assist with an HO layout in Spencer. Will look into more detail. Most likely an opportunity for a more local club
Next Meeting: June 7, 2017 Sly Glass
5-Minute Tip: TBD
Copyright © 1997–2017 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.