NRMRC Meeting Highlights November 2017

Agenda

Attendance: 10; 6 Skype

Welcome (David Koss)

Consent Agenda  Moved: Todd Shoffeitt, Second Al Guckes

_________________________

Treasurer's Report (see file on website) The financial report does not equal what the bank says we have, off by $45.07. Joe Johnston tasked to review transactions for missing item(s).

Minutes of the Last Meeting
https://nrmrc.org/events/meeting-minutes/nrmrc-meeting-highlights-october-2017  

Train Shows

Selma Rail Days
https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/selma-rail-days-superintendents-report-october-5-7-2017

_________________________

Upcoming Train Shows

  • Neuse River Valley Show, November 3 setup, show Nov 4-5, N-Trak with Eastern N Lines, T-Trak, Dave Koss - NRMRC Superintendent, John Wallis – T-TRAK Superintendent.

    • Paul Ohegyi will have the trailer at the shed at 12:30 pm. Others will bring their modules to the Graham Building as early as 10:30 am. Modules should be set up on their legs when they arrive.
    • Formal layout construction to start no later than 3:00 pm
    • Dave Thompson will be NTRAK DCC Master.
    • NTRAK layout plan almost same as last year with addition of Raleigh Yard, moving Marion to where Fitz Yard was last year, and moving Fitz Yard to the long spine below Red Rock Junction.
    • T-TRAK layout assembly will begin as soon as the tables arrive (around 10:30 am) and continue as modules arrive.
    • Junior Layout to set up front near end of T-TRAK layout closest to NTRAK layout.
    • Speed match layout to be available.

 

  • TCA Show, December 2-3, John Wallis Superintendent: T-TRAK only. TCA Show will be taken up via the Yahoo Groups list next week.
  • World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 13-14 2018. Setup on the 12th. Central Carolina Organizing: we have indicated to Central Carolina that we would be participating. John Wallis contacted the World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour management about a T-TRAK layout. They currently have no space, but will keep us in mind if anyone requires less space than requested or cancels. Gil Brauch has requested a preliminary list of module we might take to Charlotte — these are FitzGerald Yard (12 ft.), Marion (12 ft.), Derway modules (20 ft.), Blaustein modules (8 ft.), Red Rock Junction and the club corners.
  • T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – February 3rd. Mark Blaustein – Superintendent. Full auditorium available this round. T-TRAK. Will make the call for modules in December. Galloway Ridge will be discussed following TCA and WGH.
  • Upcoming TCA (February) & New Bern (Feb 24-25) shows TBD

Standards Committee Update (David Derway)

NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.

Current

Apex Module scenicking discussed at Todd Shoffeitt’s on Sunday. Plan made. Need buildings; bring to Todd’s Nov 19. Plan for completion by Galloway Ridge in February.

Long Bridge mountain leg support to be designed such that it will support the bridge, plus attach to the module for storage and transport.

Second Crossover Module: tabled until December.

Trailer Update: No information available.

  • Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
  • Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
  • Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.
  • Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway

Communications Update (Todd/Chris)

  • John Wallis to provide list of old web pages that need transferring to new site to Chris Thompson.
  • Need to support our Facebook page by supplying articles.
  • Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education  Still need follow through.

Old Business (Dave Koss)

  • Detailed pictures of club-owned modules and equipment to be taken at NRV, required for insurance purposes. Module pictures should include top, front, rear, and bottom.
  • Gerry Foster has determined that rental of a box van or similar vehicle is permitted to tow a private trailer. Rental of a car or SUV is not.
  • Public sessions — tabled
  • Stanchions — Dave Thompson has constructed new stanchions to replace our heavy and bulky metal stanchions. He will bring 9 to NRV; do not bring metal stanchions from shed.
  • The cover photo on the November/December 2017 issue of the NTRAK Newsletter is FitzGerald Yard, a photo taken in Pittsburgh. NTRAK Board meeting November 13 to discuss changes in Board membership and assignments.
  • The Piedmont Model Railroad Park store is open in Cary Towne Center. Drop by and see.

New Business (David Koss)

  • Elections: Nominations were opened for Officers and a Director for 2018. Need a Vice-President, Treasurer (Joe Johnston volunteered to stay), Secretary, and Director (Mark Blaustein volunteered to stay).
  • Todd Shoffeitt will arrange for the Annual Meeting to be held at the Golden Corral on Glenwood Avenue on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
  • The club agreed to “sell” the second, now unused, Dell computer to Jim Kalenowski for the same price the Club paid for it: $0.00
  • The Club moved (Motion: Al Guckes, Second: Bob McConnell) to spend up to $100 for condolences to George Lasley on the loss of his wife Jane. The money may go as either flowers or a donation to the charity of George’s choice.

Next Meeting: December 6, 2017 Joel McCurry

5-Minute Tip: TBD

Program: Layout Design for Shows, John Wallis

 

Social

 

Copyright © 1997–2017 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.

 

randomness