NRMRC Meeting Highlights November 2018
Attendance: 14, 7 Hangouts
Welcome (Todd Shoffeitt) New member - John Valakas
Consent Agenda Move - John Wallis, Al Guckes – Second, Approved
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Past Train Shows
Selma Rail Days, Thursday, October 4 to Saturday, October 6. John Wallis, Superintendent, Gerry Foster, Assistant Superintendent – paid show $150
Neuse River Valley Model Train Show, Friday November 2 – Sunday November 4, 2018, Todd Shoffeitt - Primary Superintendent, John Wallis & Christopher Thompson - T-TRAK, Dave Koss & Mike Floyd – NTRAK – show checklist modified to include show end loading, plus donuts removed from the checklist. $573 earned at the sale table. 46 Jr. Engineer Certificates provided. Thanks to Gerry Foster for managing the table.
Upcoming Train Shows (use links for details and to register for the events)
Train Collectors Association (TCA) Raleigh Saturday, December 1 to Sunday, December 2 Friday afternoon setup. T-TRAK only. 10 table E-shape layout. Superintendent – John Wallis, Assistant Superintendent - Charles Eisener
NOTE: Participants are asked to register online on the show page (link below). Click on the Blue Registration tab and follow the instructions
Standards Committee (no action required at the meeting)
NTRAK Project Update, David Derway
- Long Bridge (1&2) – had a wiring issue and a switch failure
- North East – Linwood looking at it. Will contact board if costs associated. If under $100, reimbursement for any costs per module.
One of the tracks on Mark’s mountain line filed down. Mark will replace.
- T-TRAK Update, Paul Ohegyi
- No updates
In spring, we will discuss extending the lighting on Apex. Also possible scenery repairs.
Education (Gerry Foster)
- Need a program for December. Building track testers a possibility. Gerry will check with Joel
- Need to determine where we will meet past January annual meeting
- Annual meeting proposed for January 9th
Announcements/Information (no action required at the meeting)
- Show operations – transgressions in operating. Please pay attention.
Old Business (Todd Shoffeitt)
- Finances and Dues – Proposed budget offered for discussion and input. Plans are for the board to determine the official budget for vote, along with dues. The budget will be sent to members via @io. Members are urged to review and offer comment to Todd.
- Donuts at shows – no longer in the mix
New Business (Todd Shoffeitt) (requires discussion, action and/or vote at the meeting)
- Nomination for officers: Initial proposed slate. President - Todd Shoffeitt, Vice President – Sly Glass, Treasurer – Joe Johnston, Secretary – Larry Hicks, Director - Charles Eisener. Nominations will remain open until the vote in January.
- Display at Raleigh Union Station: Opportunity for running NTRAK at the Raleigh Station setup the weekend before Thanksgiving, and run trains every weekend (Sat & Sun), 8 hours each day, 5 weekends, with a minimum of 2 members to staff per shift. Need about 12 people minimum to volunteer. We need to solve the parking issue (cost/challenges). Motion to pursue - Mike, Second - Sly Glass. Approved
Schedule for January and February Shows – Nothing on the current schedule between now and February, etc. TCA.
Galloway proposed for January or February.
- Approval of New Bern Show participation - March 2nd & 3rd. Motion - John Wallis, Second - Mark Blaustein, Approved. David Derway identified as Superintendent and Mark Blaustein as Second Superintendent
- Storage Discussion – Should we reduce the storage size to save money per year (Joe Johnston will confirm the cost.). Table the remainder of conversation for December
Show and Tell
Bring in a project, a purchase, a find, something interesting to share with the club
December 5, 2018 7:30 Host: Joel McCurry
Program Topic – TBD
Copyright © 1997–2018 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.