NRMRC Meeting - December 2017
Welcome (David Koss) NOTE: We have three potential new members planning on visiting our December meeting. Please welcome Bob Milback, John Burkard, and (returning after more than a decade) Mike Floyd.
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
- NRV Train Show
- TCA Show
Upcoming Train Shows
- World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 13-14 2018. Setup on the 12th. Central Carolina Organizing: we have indicated to Central Carolina that we would be participating. John Wallis contacted the World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour management about a T-TRAK layout. They currently have no space, but will keep us in mind if anyone requires less space than requested or cancels. Gil Brauch has requested a preliminary list of module we might take to Charlotte — these are FitzGerald Yard (12 ft.), Marion (12 ft.), Derway modules (20 ft.), Blaustein modules (8 ft.), Red Rock Junction and the club corners.
- T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – February 3rd. Mark Blaustein – Superintendent. Full auditorium available this round. T-TRAK. Will make the call for modules in December. Galloway Ridge will be discussed following WGH.
- Upcoming New Bern (Feb 24-25) shows TBD
Standards Committee Update (David Derway)
NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.
- Apex: Plan for completion by Galloway Ridge in February.
- Long Bridge: mountain leg support to be designed such that it will support the bridge, plus attach to the module for storage and transport.
- Second Crossover Module: tabled until December.
- Trailer Update: No information available.
- Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
- Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
- Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.
- Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway
Communications Update (Larry)
- John Wallis to provide list of old web pages that need transferring to new site to Chris Thompson.
- Need to support our Facebook page by supplying articles.
- Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education Still need follow through.
Old Business (Dave Koss)
- Detailed pictures of club-owned modules and equipment to be taken at NRV, required for insurance purposes. Module pictures should include top, front, rear, and bottom. UPDATE –
- Todd Shoffeitt: Annual Meeting update, January 10, 2018
New Business (David Koss)
- N-TRAK updates: John Wallis
- Need to determine meeting hosts for 2018
Next Meeting: January 10, 2018 Annual Meeting – location TBD
Election of officers, and gift exchange
NOTE: Gift Giving Rules are enclosed on the meeting file.
Refreshments and Socializing
5-Minute Tip: John Wallis
Program: Layout Design for Shows, John Wallis
Copyright © 1997–2018 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.