NRMRC Meeting - June 2017
Date: June 7, 2017 Time: 7:30 pm
Host: Sly Glass
Welcome (Dave Koss)
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
TCA, May 6, 2017, Superintendent John Wallis – T-TRAK https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/superintendents-report-tca-may-6-2017
Spencer Shops, May 12-13, (Friday & Saturday), coordinating with Central Carolina and Lynchburg. https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-spencer-show-report
Johnson City, TN June 2-3 https://nrmrc.org/events/show-reports/2017-johnson-city-show-report
Upcoming Train Shows
- Windsor Point: Because of Johnson City and NSE in Pittsburgh (June 21 – 25) we probably should aim for a different weekend for this show than our normal NTRAK Father’s Day weekend (June 17-18).– July 29-30 proposed John Wallis, Superintendent, to confirm Deferred until July meeting
- National N Scale Convention (NSE), Pittsburgh June 21 - 25 2017 – New Jersey Southern Superintendent, John Wallis coordinating NRMRC We will have modules. NTRAK. Two articles on the NTRAK regarding the Pittsburgh layout. Setup beginning Thursday. 1 ½ hours to take down on Saturday.
- Danville Old 97 Rail Days. NTRAK John Wallis Superintendent. September 23 - 24 with setup on the 22nd. NOTE: The TCA show will be in Danville the same weekend, but NRMRC will not participate in that segment.
- Selma, October 5 – 7. We have been asked to have the layout operating on the Thursday and Friday as well as Saturday. We owe them a yes or no.
- Proposed - Grand Strand Model Train Show the weekend of November 11/12 (week after NRV) in Myrtle Beach SC. Last year we were invited and chose not to go. This year they have invited all the ENL clubs so we should re-evaluate based on how many ENL clubs decide to participate.
- World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 2018. Determine interest in participating and advise coordinator Gil Brauch
- T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – spring 2018. Need to determine possible Saturday dates in 2018 for Mark Blaustein to investigate
Standards Committee Update (David Derway)
NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.
Grey Rock / Covered Bridge Corner:
Wiring permanent fix - Final Issue to be resolved at Pittsburgh. Kalenowski/Derway
Backdrop update - - Backdrop being worked on now. Completion anticipated late next week. C. Thompson/Paul Ohegyi
Apex Module: Scenic update Balloon module scenery, Junction track work and scenery.
Sides to protect interior details. Sides to be cut Thursday: Kalenowski / Derway
Circuit breaker on each main buss: Experimental solid state 1156 light bulb
circuit protection found by John Wallis. To be installed on T Trak yard to try out.
Blue Line gauge issue. Track section replaced by J. Peacock and Jim K.
Thanks to all involved in getting corner sets out of trailer!
Scenic refresh. Module review by Jim K. and David D. Thursday.
Budgeting, fund approval, afterward. J. Kalenowski/Derway
Track piece fix. Derway
Hathaway: Broken hinge on leg – Complete
Long Bridge: Center support leg for Mountain Division. Needs design, manufacture.
Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.
Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway
Door chain. McCurry/Derway - Complete.
Education Committee Update (Gerry Foster)
Need 5 Minute Modeling Tips starting June until December, excepting November,
plus Programs for July through December, excepting November
To date, we have Jim Reske with a TBA program in September and Al Guckes with a program on 'Diners' for November. All other months are open for programs. 5 Minute Tips are open for the balance of the year.
We could still use some direction on best practices, either N Trak or T Trak. Some direction on the trailer/storage shed coordination of what goes where before and after shows.
Communications Update (Larry Hicks)
Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education Still need follow through.
Old Business (Dave Koss)
Trailer Insurance Coverage
Request to assist with an HO layout in Spencer
New Business (Dave Koss).
T-TRAK modules – creating new modules and plan for review & replacing old/failing modules
Storage room cleanout – finalize participation & schedule
Creating hands-on public sessions to attract new hobbiests
Use of website for email traffic – continuing issues, need to determine final option(s)
Participation in Selma event, October 2017 – decision required
Next Meeting: July 12, 2017 Joe Johnston
5-Minute Tip: TBD
Refreshments and Socializing
5-Minute Tip: ---
Program: Accessory Bus and electronics for the Accessory Bus, John Wallis
Copyright © 1997–2018 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.