NRMRC Meeting - October 2017
Date: October 4, 2017 Time: 7:30 pm
Host: Charles Eisner
Welcome (David Koss)
Treasurer's Report (see file on website)
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Danville Old 97 Railroad Days
Upcoming Train Shows
- Selma, October 5 – 7. Email issued asking for participation and modules. Will continue via email list.
- Neuse River Valley Show, November 3 setup, show Nov 4-5, N-Trak with Eastern N Lines, T-Trak, Dave Koss - NRMRC Superintendent, John Wallis – T-TRAK Superintendent. We will have the same location and space. ENL clubs to be invited at Danville. Suggested that Junior Engineer layout be more to front of overall space than back where it was last year.
- TCA Show, December 2-3, John Wallis Superintendent: T-TRAK only: Will pursue in November
- World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour, Charlotte, January 2018. Central Carolina Organizing: we have indicated to Central Carolina that we would be participating. ENL clubs to be invited at Danville.
- T-TRAK Show in Galloway Ridge – February 3rd. Mark Blaustein – Superintendent. Full auditorium available this round. T-TRAK.
Standards Committee Update (David Derway)
NOTE: If there are any additional items that need to be added for the Standards Committee to address, please let David Derway know.
Grey Rock / Covered Bridge Corner: Needed jumper between red and orange buses to be installed during setup at NRV.
Covered Bridge: Completed. Building attached, still working on streetlight detail, but declared complete.
Apex Module: John Wallis to call meeting re Apex Junction so it can be scenicked and finished.
FitzGerald Yard: FitzGerald Yard signaling issues corrected. Will be fully tested at Danville
Long Bridge: Center support leg for Mountain Division. Awaiting input from David Derway
Second Crossover Module: detailed design using Unitrak to be completed by October meeting (Wallis)
Trailer Update: No information available. Trailer to be inspected in Danville for project completeness.
Metal stanchion cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Plastic stanchion base cart. Design underway, needs budgeting, manufacture.
Ramp entry easement. Needs design, budgeting, manufacture.
Clamp instructions: To be laminated and installed: Instructions printed. McCurry/Derway
Door chain. McCurry/Derway - Complete.
Communications Update (Larry Hicks)
Pages transfers from the old web site to the new. Action: Larry Hicks/Chris Thompson.
Education online – thoughts? https://nrmrc.org/content/education Still need follow through.
Still stuff on old website that needs to be moved to the new site. Specific topics to be provided.
Old Business (Dave Koss)
- We will need a project to take detailed photos on the modules and inventory. Include a site location for storing and updating the list/pictures. At the next meetings, we will determine details on how this will be accomplished.
- Trailer and ability to pull the trailer – discussion. David Koss will check on the perspective of a car rental agency. No progress made, further discussion needed.
- Creating hands-on public sessions to attract new hobbyists. Work continues. Plan for 2018. Todd Shoffeitt, Paul Ohegyi, David Koss, Sly Glass.
- Stanchions update: Info provided to Gerry Foster to help with planning improvements/replacements for out metal stanchions.
- Changes coming to NTRAK due to loss of two Directors (death, resignation)
- Gene Sing of the Piedmont Model RR Museum is planning to rent a 1,400 sq ft storefront in Cary Town Center. There will be room for us, if we wish, to set up a small NTRAK or a larger T-TRAK layout. Note: the store will not be open for all Mall hours. Interest was expressed depending on additional information to come.
New Business (David Koss)
Next Meeting: November 1, 2017 Al Guckes
5-Minute Tip: TBD
Program: “Diners” Al Guckes
Refreshments and Socializing
5-Minute Tip: Care and feeding of the track cart, Dave Derway
Copyright © 1997–2017 North Raleigh Model Railroad Club. All rights reserved. The NRMRC is a Not-For-Profit Corporation incorporated in North Carolina. The various logos and heralds shown here are the property of their respective organizations.